Merlin’s Magic Wand (MMW) is committed to delivering unique, magical and memorable experiences to children facing challenges of serious illness, disability or adversity through its 3 core programmes – Magical Days Out, Merlin’s Magic Spaces and Magic on Tour.
Given our commitment to health, safety and welfare we make sure that our beneficiaries can enjoy themselves in safe and secure environments and are not harmed in any way through contact with MMW, taking all reasonable and practical steps to ensure that this is the case.
All volunteers and employees are expected to abide by both our MMW Safeguarding Policy and our MMW Code of Conduct at all times when engaging in any activities associated with MMW.
MMW believes that:
- The welfare of a child is paramount and all have a right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
- The best interests of the child are paramount in all considerations about their welfare and protection, including when to maintain confidentiality and when to share information.
- Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and everyone has a role to play in safeguarding children.
- Concerns or allegations that guests, volunteers or employees have abused or neglected a child should be managed sensitively and fairly in accordance with this policy, relevant legislation and guidance.
- Working together with children, their parents and authorities is essential in promoting welfare and ensuring the protection of children at risk. In some limited circumstances, it will not be appropriate to engage with parents in order to protect a child at risk.
- As part of working together, MMW expects the relevant authorities to act on our concerns. We will escalate our concerns, if necessary, in our efforts to be satisfied that our concern has been taken seriously and the child at risk has been protected.
Download our full MMW Safeguarding Policy here.
Download our full MMW Code of Conduct here.