We welcome applications* on behalf of children aged 2-18 with a confirmed Serious illness/Long Term illness, disability* or disadvantage, who would benefit from a day out at a Merlin attraction.
If you have received tickets from Merlin’s Magic Wand previously and were able to use them, then please be aware of the following: As our Charity continues to help more and more children every year but our resources are not unlimited and due to a high demand for tickets we are only accepting applications from those families or children we have not previously supported/have not visited us before (this includes those families with additional children with disabilities/illnesses). Our aim is to ensure that the maximum number of eligible children are able to enjoy a day out with us just as so many have already done.
* Exclusions apply, contact Magic Wand if unsure if your child meets our criteria. Applications must be made by an adult.
Before you apply
- Check you are eligible
- Ensure you have confirmed proof of disability/illness/disadvantage and it is ready to attach to your application request. Applications unfortunately cannot be made without the required proof.
- You will need to attach your proof using our online application form. You can take pictures of the documentation using a camera phone, camera and tablet or scan them in on a computer. We accept images and PDF files, but please ensure the filename isn't too long.
- Decide which attraction would provide the best day out for your child, taking into account distance of the attraction from the child’s home and suitability.
- Applications can take up to 8 weeks to assess. Please take this consideration when thinking of applying to our charity.
Details for applicants
We are a day trip charity who can provide tickets to Merlin attractions only - visit the Merlin website for an up-to-date list if you're not sure. You should also be aware of the following before you apply:
- By applying you agree to our T&C's and Consent.
- You can submit one application only, this is regardless of the following:
- More than one child in the family meeting our criteria
- If the child/ren or parents or siblings do not live in the same household
- If different choices of attraction per child are required
- Providing false or misleading information in your application, will automatically result in the application being rejected.
- We are unable to help with requests for raffle prizes to be used for fundraising.
- To avoid disappointment for anyone, we strongly advise that you DO NOT promise trips to the children you are applying on behalf of until you have the tickets or have been provided with a confirmation order from the attraction to collect tickets.
- Applications must be made by either registered organisations* (inc. schools/hospitals and councils), charities*, parents or guardians. We are unable to accept applications from any other 3rd parties.
- You can complete our online form via a pc, laptop tablet and mobile phone. We unfortunately do not have paper application forms.
*3rd party restrictions apply.
Yes, I am ready. Apply online
One application per family/household only